Pigmentation Laser & IPL Brisbane
IPL (Intense Pulse Light) is the use of short bursts of light at a specific wavelength, when emitted, this light energy is selectively absorbed by either melanin (pigment) and haemoglobin in the skin or hair. This results in:
- Reduction in pigmentation and pigmented spots due to age or sun damage.
- Stimulates regeneration of your skin through the renewed production of collagen and elastin, reducing fine lines and improving skin tone.
- Reduce redness in the skin or damaged capillaries leading to more even skin tone.
- Targets and destroys the bacteria that causes acne.
Generally between 2-4 treatments are recommended for the treatment of facial redness and pigmentation and discount packages are available from our clinic. During the procedure you may feel a mild tingling sensation, like a “warm rubber band” snap on your skin, the contact cooling provided by the handpiece makes the procedure more comfortable. The pigmented lesions may get darker before they “flake off” in 1-2 weeks.
Price Guide: Approximately $250 per treatment for IPL Face and $275 per treatment for neck and décolletage area
Further information on our Cutera Limelight Treatment, visit the Cutera webpage www.cutera.com
Q Switch Laser
We have recently acquired the latest CosJet ATR Q switch Laser which uses very short bursts of photo-acoustic waves to disrupt and shatter pigment containing cells in the skin. The treated area will gradually fade and clear overtime.
This is a gentle laser which is designed for Asian and darker skin types when treating pigmentation. It is also suitable for tattoo removal.
We have treatment protocol for the following conditions:
- Hormonal pigmentation
- Post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation
- Asian Skin Whitening program
- Pigmented Age spots
- Acne scarring
- Carbon Facial (treatment for enlarged pores)
As this is a gentle laser, 6 to 8 treatments are required to achieve desired results.
We currently have a special introductory price for our Q Switch Laser. Please call our friendly staff for further information and a complimentary assessment.