Pigmentation Laser & IPL Brisbane
IPL (Intense Pulse Light) is the use of short bursts of light at a specific wavelength, when emitted, this light energy is selectively absorbed by either melanin (pigment) and haemoglobin in the skin or hair. This results in:
- Reduction in pigmentation and pigmented spots due to age or sun damage.
- Stimulates regeneration of your skin through the renewed production of collagen and elastin, reducing fine lines and improving skin tone.
- Reduce redness in the skin or damaged capillaries leading to more even skin tone.
- Targets and destroys the bacteria that causes acne.
Generally between 2-4 treatments are recommended for the treatment of facial redness and pigmentation and discount packages are available from our clinic. During the procedure you may feel a mild tingling sensation, like a “warm rubber band” snap on your skin, the contact cooling provided by the handpiece makes the procedure more comfortable. The pigmented lesions may get darker before they “flake off” in 1-2 weeks.
The Lutronic Solari IPL is the next generation less painful IPL. Using dedicated filters, we can now refine the wavelengths of the light emitted to better target skin conditions, reducing collateral heat by blocking unnecessary wavelengths, while maintaining efficacy.
Price Guide: Approximately $299 per treatment for IPL Face and $250 per treatment for neck and décolletage area
Q Switch Laser
We have recently acquired the latest CosJet ATR Q switch Laser which uses very short bursts of photo-acoustic waves to disrupt and shatter pigment containing cells in the skin. The treated area will gradually fade and clear overtime.
This is a gentle laser which is designed for Asian and darker skin types when treating pigmentation. It is also suitable for tattoo removal.
We have treatment protocol for the following conditions:
- Hormonal pigmentation
- Post inflammatory Hyperpigmentation
- Asian Skin Whitening program
- Pigmented Age spots
- Acne scarring
- Carbon Facial (treatment for enlarged pores)
As this is a gentle laser, 6 to 8 treatments are required to achieve desired results.
We currently have a special introductory price for our Q Switch Laser. Please call our friendly staff for further information and a complimentary assessment.