At The Cosmetic Surgery & Skin Cancer Centre, we are pleased to offer the new TGA approved Non-Surgical Treatment to get rid of chin fat, which is the reason for your “double chin”.
This new treatment is supported by at least 20 clinical trials, more than 9 years of clinical study and over 5 years of long term follow up. It is based on a medication that cause rupture of fat cells and the reduction of fat cells long term.
Game Changer – Kiss your double chin goodbye
This is the first clinically evaluated and approved treatments for patients who are bothered by fullness under the chin. It is the only TGA approved non surgical injectable treatment for the reduction of fullness under the chin. It has undergone rigorous clinical evaluation, including phase 3 clinical trials involving more than 2600 patients worldwide.
Until now treatment options for submental fullness have been limited to surgical options such as liposuction and non surgical laser or similar equipments with potentially limited improvements in appearance.
Many patients experience improvement after 2 to 4 treatment sessions, spaced at least 6 weeks apart. A maximum of 6 treatments can be given. You will be assessed and given advice how many treatment sessions are required based on the amount and distribution of the fat under the chin and your personal treatment goals.
The treatment is generally well tolerated. Side effects include:
- Injection site discomfort
- Swelling is common after the injection and peaks about 2-3 days after treatment, lasting 7-10, gradually subside over the next few weeks
- Local injection site erythema or redness
- Induration in injection site which can lasts a few weeks to a few months
- Bruising which usually subsides after 1 week, and
- Altered sensation – which can take a few weeks to return to normal, usually this side effect is mild or moderate and resolves without intervention.
- The post injection swelling is due fat cell wall rupture leading to local inflammatory reaction. This inflammation is required for the treatment to be successful, hence the swelling is a “friend” rather than “foe”
- Other very rare side effects may include irregular smile, if the nerve that controls muscles around the mouth are affected. Generally this side effect will resolve spontaneously but may take some time.
- The final result may take 9-10 months to achieve. Once you reach your goal, the final result is likely to last 4 years or more.
If you find your chin bothers you when taking a selfie, or if you would like a more contoured profile for your face, make a complimentary appointment to discuss with our doctors to see if you are suitable.
Price guide: $1300 per treatment (based on using 2 Vials of Fat Dissolve Solutions per treatment) inclusive of GST. The average patient will require 2 vials.