Acne Clinic & Laser Acne Treatment Brisbane
We treat Acne using a combination of the following strategies:
- Hormonal (females only) – Generally the combined oral contraceptive pill containing oestrogen and anti-androgen progestogen is usually beneficial for patients with acne.
- Vitamin A derivatives – Most patients will benefit from topical medical strength Vitamin A treatment. Occasionally some patients will require short term oral Vitamin A.
- Antibiotics – Most patients will respond to topical antibiotics, some patients may require low dose antibiotics on a daily basis.
- Topical Salicyclic Acid
- Topical Benzyl Peroxide.
For the treatment of acne scarring, an effective treatment is a course of Q-Switch Laser. Our Q-Switch laser utilises photo acoustic (sound) waves, the twin pulse technology allows the delivery high energy with minimal discomfort to stimulate collagen production, improving the “pitting” and “ice-pick” scars.
Some very deep “pit” scars may require surgical subcision using local anaesthetics.
Laser Acne Treatment
(Using Fotona patented TwinLight Technology)
- Fast, effective and convenient
- Improve skin texture and skin tone
- Reasonably long lasting result
- Effective treatment for most acne scarring and may suppress active acne for up to 3 months
- Cost from $250 to $500 per treatment (depends on treatments required)
- Depends on severity of acne, may need a course of 3 or more treatments
We have recently acquired the latest model of CosJet ATR Q switch laser which is suitable to treat acne scarring and enlarged pores using the carbon laser protocol.
Generally a course of 6-8 treatments are required and treatments are every 1 to 3 weeks apart.
Fees: $150 per treatment for acne scarring, facial pigmentation, Skin Whitening program, carbon laser.
Skin needling is a treatment that is used to stimulate the skin to form new collagen and elastin without damaging the epidermis. It is very useful for depressed acne scars but other benefits include:
- Smooth wrinkles and fill lines
- Improve skin texture
- Relax scars
- Improve depressed acne scarring
- Improve the appearance of stretch marks
- Fill old surgical scars
- Improve Chicken Pox scars
The treatment can be performed on all skin types and colours and anywhere on the body. Some patients may notice benefits after 2-4 treatments while others may need more treatment sessions. Cost: From $200 per treatment (Facial Acne scars)