Acne Clinic & Laser Acne Treatment Brisbane
Acne clinic brisbane appointments are available for patients suffering from this distressing skin disorder. There is no magic cure but a well designed Acne Management Plan will help to reduce the impact of acne and future scarring. Dr. Wong completed the Advanced Acne Management Course (part of his Cosmetic Training) to provide patients with this service. Medicare rebates apply.
We treat Acne using a combination of the following strategies:
- Hormonal (females only) – Generally the combined oral contraceptive pill containing oestrogen and anti-androgen progestogen is usually beneficial for patients with acne.
- Vitamin A derivatives – Most patients will benefit from topical medical strength Vitamin A treatment. Occasionally some patients will require short term oral Vitamin A.
- Antibiotics – Most patients will respond to topical antibiotics, some patients may require low dose antibiotics on a daily basis.
- Topical exfoliants such as salicyclic acids
- Topical anti-microbial such as benzyl peroxide
For the treatment of acne scarring, combination treatments may be required. Treatment methods include Q-Switch or Erbium Lasers, skin needling, targeted dermal fillers. Some very deep “pit” scars may require surgical subcision or punch biopsy under local anaesthetics.
Laser Acne Treatment
(Using Fotona patented TwinLight Technology)
- Fast, effective and convenient
- Improve skin texture and skin tone
- Effective treatment for most acne scarring and may suppress active acne for up to 3 months
- Depends on severity of acne, may need a course of 3 or more treatments
This is a photo-acoustic nanosecond laser.
Generally a course of 6-8 treatments are required and treatments are every 1 to 3 weeks apart.
This type of laser is useful for tattoo removal, reduce some types of acne scarring, reduce facial pigmentation, Asian Skin Whitening program, carbon laser.
Skin needling is a treatment that is used to stimulate the skin to form new collagen and elastin without damaging the epidermis. It is very useful to improve some types of acne scars but other benefits include:
- Smooth wrinkles and fill lines
- Improve skin texture
- Relax scars
- Improve some types of depressed acne scarring
- Improve the appearance of stretch marks
- Fill old surgical scars
- Improve Chicken Pox scars
The treatment can be performed on all skin types and colours and anywhere on the body. Some patients may notice benefits after 2-4 treatments while others may need more treatment sessions.